Skip to main content

“This Wouldn’t Have Been Possible Without New You!” Rebecca Lost 3.5 Stone & Completed a Marathon

“This Wouldn’t Have Been Possible Without New You!” Rebecca Lost 3.5 Stone & Completed a Marathon

What an amazing achievement for Rebecca. Tired of always coming last at her local running club, she knew she had to do something about her weight. Now 3.5 stone lighter, she recently ran an epic 26.2 miles in the Manchester Marathon, which she said, wouldn’t have been possible without New You.

Here is her story…

Before New You

Like us all, I have tried them all and never succeeded. So, what is it about the New Your plan that just worked? 

For me, there was a trigger point. I have always been a part of a running club, I have always been the largest female and the slowest. I have always been at the back, plodding along. Last year, I did a local 10k race and not only did I literally come last, they had packed up and one guy stood there with a cup of water and a pained look on his face. I apologised to him for having to wait for me, something that I felt I was always having to do at my running club, “sorry I am last, sorry you have waited, sorry I am slow!” I had never felt so humiliated. I vowed I would never be in that situation again. 

Getting Started

I started New You Plan the week after, I loved the simplicity of it. I loved most of the meals, I have never been a milkshake fan, so I stuck to meals and bars. 

The first week, I lost 5 pounds, I went to running club that week and ran the best I had for years. The confidence I felt was unbelievable and that feeling of taking back control really spurred me on to stay at it. As the pounds dropped off, my running improved. I found myself even leading some of the runs at the front. 3.5 stone later and I felt amazing, my confidence was through the roof. I then decided a break was needed from TFR (Total Food Replacement) and moved over to Switch. I used this time to look at what worked for me. I never thought I could take this control and balance it all around life. It’s only scary moving to Switch if you chose to let it be. I chose to enjoy and embrace all that I am learning and adapt to suit my new lifestyle. I have had people say the norm “you will gain it all back, as soon as you eat normal”, I have always said “of course I will if I go back to the way I ate before, that’s what got me where I was”. I know I am not that person now, I do not need to explain myself to them.  

Never Say Never

I have always said, I would never run a marathon but on the 14th April, I undertook and completed Manchester Marathon, 26.2 miles. This would never have been possible without The New You Plan, not only have I lost weight but I have become stronger mentally, nothing is out of reach. The training, commitment and effort it took has shown me that my body is an amazing vessel and if I look after it right it can do amazing things. Yes, I had to come off plan (in the later weeks), carb loading and energy gels have had an impact and yes, I am now straight back on plan, I am in control.  

I am now starting phase 2. I want another 2 stone loss – slow and steady this time, bit like my running.

Join Our £100,000 Giveaway… Make 2024 Your Year of MORE

Our Transformation Challenge is BACK for 2024 & it’s bigger & better than ever!!

Are you ready to make 2024 your healthiest, happiest year yet? This year we launched our biggest ever giveaway, and we’re inviting you to be a part of it. Join us on a journey of self-improvement, community, and incredible rewards.

The Lowdown…

  1. Enjoy 4 yummy meals a day: Kickstart your health journey with tasty meals that make a real difference.
  2. Share your story: Got a great update? Post it on social media and in our community. You could win awesome freebies just for sharing your progress!
  3. Snap & win: Every 2 months, send in your progress photos. You could win a share of £7000. Let’s celebrate your journey together!
  4. Go for the big prize: Create an amazing transformation and you could grab our top prize of £10,000 in November 2024. It’s all about the wow factor!

Exciting Prizes to be Won

This year, we’re giving away 52K in cash. £7,000 cash will be won every 2 months for our absolute favourite glow-ups! One overall winner will WIN £3000 cash and 4 more customers will each WIN £1000. And the grand finale? An epic £10,000 cash prize for one overall winner! Plus, if you’re a runner-up sharing your story, you’re in for a treat with thousands of pounds worth of awesome products!

Our next Transformation Challenge deadline is 30th April so it’s time to submit your I AM IN photos.

The post “This Wouldn’t Have Been Possible Without New You!” Rebecca Lost 3.5 Stone & Completed a Marathon first appeared on The New You Plan.

The post “This Wouldn’t Have Been Possible Without New You!” Rebecca Lost 3.5 Stone & Completed a Marathon appeared first on The New You Plan.

Aideen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips On Finding The Best Houston Emergency Dentist For Your Family

By Helen Kennedy Dental care is a critical issue for families and individuals. Our oral health is an indicator of our general well-being. Its condition shows our deficiencies in diet and also determines our intake of nutrients. Also, it also plays into our social well-being. Issues such as periodontal diseases and oral odor can compromise self-confidence and social association. Here are some tips on how to find the best Houston emergency dentist . An online search is a good place to consider. Many dentists have online platforms. Websites are an online brochure presenting the practice, its services and facilities available. Use the many online directories and narrow down your search area by the proximity. Use the contact information available to make inquiries and read client testimonials on the website. Email correspondence is also an efficient method of contacting your potential service provider. Referrals are one of the surest methods of finding legitimate practitioners. That

Cells: The Building Blocks of Life

Cells: The Building Blocks of Life The human body contains millions of cells that rely on healthy nutrition like proteins, vitamins and minerals. While the body can create some of these nutrients, it also requires essential vitamins and minerals from food sources. Every living organism depends on its cells to function normally. Often referred to as “the building blocks of life,” cells are the biological, structural and functional units that carry out tasks in an organism. A collection of cells working together is called a tissue, while a series of tissues performing organized functions are called organs. The human body contains trillions of cells, all with varying tasks that help support bodily organs; these include skin cells, nerve cells, blood cells, barrier function cells (supporting the lungs, gut) and more. Cells rely on good nutrition for energy production and to prevent oxidative damage. The anatomy of a cell Cells in the human body are so tiny that they are invisible to th

TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE WINNER: Dionne Lost 7st 2lbs in 5 Months & WON £1000 Cash

TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE WINNER: Dionne Lost 7st 2lbs in 5 Months & WON £1000 Cash Customer Dionne was anxious and depressed. Embarrassed about her weight, she didn’t leave the house. She wasn’t sleeping because her back was in agony and her knees were painful and swollen. She constantly worried that her kids would lose their mum. After trying various diets with no success, Dionne found The New You Plan. Here, she shares how she lost 7st 2lbs & dropped 5 dress sizes in 5 months, her health has drastically improved and she was named a winner in our July/August Transformation Challenge, winning £1000 cash. New You: Dionne, what was your biggest motivator for joining the challenge? Dionne: Well, the reason I actually decided to join the challenge was because I always wanted to keep a record of pictures of myself, but I’m never sure when to do that. And I thought that entering the challenge every 2 months would give me that opportunity to take photos and see my progress. An