Skip to main content

From Overweight to Empowered: Anita’s Inspiring 4 Stone* Transformation

From Overweight to Empowered: Anita’s Inspiring 4 Stone* Transformation

Anita kicked off 2024 with the intention to lose weight for good. She was in pain, unable to take her dogs on long walks, sore lifting her granddaughter, feeling miserable and in a vicious cycle of comfort eating. Here, she opens up about why she is determined to make this the last time she loses weight and shares how her New You journey is going so far. 

New You: Why did you decide to join the challenge? 

Anita: I’ve done this a few times and it was last December & I thought, right, all that hard work I did prior to my granddaughter’s arrival, it’s all just gone back on again. I was feeling lousy. None of my clothes fitted. I didn’t have the confidence to come out of big baggy clothes, so I was overheating because I was menopausal at the time, too. So I decided that come January, I was doing this.

By the end of February, I was doing really well and decided to enter the Transformation Challenge for motivation. Obviously, the prize is a bigger this year, so that was a big motivation. But just the results on their own is enough.

New You: What led to you starting the plan?

Anita: As I say, I’ve done it a few times. I previously lost 3 stone in 10 weeks, so I know it works. But then life got in the way and I put it on again. I have health issues, including fibromyalgia, I was menopausal, and I have arthritis, so sometimes it’s hard to be mobile. I’ve got my dogs that insist on being taken for walks, but I was getting very cumbersome and it hurt. Last year, I was just feeling so uncomfortable so I was just eating more. If it decided I wasn’t getting a takeaway, I would buy something. But while it was in the oven, I was eating a big bag of share crisps and some cakes while I was waiting for it to cook. It was just completely out of control. The more miserable I got, the more I ate. I was drinking as well on a Friday. It was a case of I’ve got through the week, so now it’s time to treat myself.

All that weight I’d lost from before my granddaughter was born and now I couldn’t be present because I was miserable, tired and everything hurt. If I tried to pick her up, between my back and the fibromyalgia, it was agony. It wasn’t a safe, happy environment for her to be coming in to.

New You: How did you first week go?

Anita: I remembered that the detox hits in around day 3 or 4 and can give you a headache, and because I work Monday to Friday I started the plan on a Wednesday so that if I did get a sore head, it would be at the weekend. I looked on it as a positive thing because if that’s happening, it’s working. It’s the detox kicking in. If you can look on it as a positive you can get through it. It’s all about mindset.

New You: How has your life changed so far?

Anita: Before, I used to just walk the dogs around the block. Now, I can walk six miles! My head’s in a good place, I feel good physically. I know it’s a long term thing now and I’m determined not to undo all my hard work.

New You: What has being on plan taught you so far?

Anita: Just to, I want to say love myself. I probably do love myself now, whereas before it was a matter of simply just living. I was just being. But now I’m ready to live properly again.

New You: What meals & snacks can’t you live without?

Anita: The bars are great for work, and if I’m going out for the day. It’s mainly the savoury meals that I like, especially the Carbonara and Spaghetti Bolognese. I like doubling up on meals because I get a nice happy belly then and I’m content. I feel fed.

New You: What are you most looking forward to when you reach your goal?

Anita: I’m going to start hitting the 10 miles walks again. I’m looking forward to going into a shop and getting stuff off the peg and trying them on and saying, I am a size, I’m size 14 now.

New You: What is the nicest compliment you have received since losing weight?

Anita: People I haven’t seen in ages saying I look lovely and noticing the difference.

New You: Favourite non-scale victory so far?

Anita: Getting into clothes that I’d bought as goals previously and hadn’t got into. Just being able to move more. Before, getting out of bed was a task. I’d be rolling around the bed like an upside down tortoise trying to get out of my bed. And then by the time I did, I’d have to sit on the side of the bed exhausted.

New You: If you could go back in time to when you were beginning the plan, what piece of advice would you give yourself?

Anita: Just keep it up. We’re all capable of self sabotage, but don’t let it happen because your own health and happiness is worth so much more than just because you want it, you have to have it. But just your health and happiness at the end of it all is worth a lot more than a takeaway or giving in just because you want something. Just keep on keeping on, basically.

Whether you want to lose half a stone or 10 stone*, have a slimmer figure, or are just looking to get maximum nutrition in minimum time, then New You can make the perfect partner to get you to where you want to be.

Join Our £100,000 Giveaway… Make 2024 Your Year of MORE

Our Transformation Challenge is BACK for 2024 & it’s bigger & better than ever!!

Are you ready to make 2024 your healthiest, happiest year yet? This year we launched our biggest ever giveaway, and we’re inviting you to be a part of it. Join us on a journey of self-improvement, community, and incredible rewards.

The Lowdown…

  1. Enjoy 4 yummy meals a day: Kickstart your health journey with tasty meals that make a real difference.
  2. Share your story: Got a great update? Post it on social media and in our community. You could win awesome freebies just for sharing your progress!
  3. Snap & win: Every 2 months, send in your progress photos. You could win a share of £7000. Let’s celebrate your journey together!
  4. Go for the big prize: Create an amazing transformation and you could grab our top prize of £10,000 in November 2024. It’s all about the wow factor!

Exciting Prizes to be Won

This year, we’re giving away 52K in cash. £7,000 cash will be won every 2 months for our absolute favourite glow-ups! One overall winner will WIN £3000 cash and 4 more customers will each WIN £1000. And the grand finale? An epic £10,000 cash prize for one overall winner! Plus, if you’re a runner-up sharing your story, you’re in for a treat with thousands of pounds worth of awesome products!

Our next Transformation Challenge deadline is 30th June so it’s time to submit your I AM IN photos.



The post From Overweight to Empowered: Anita’s Inspiring 4 Stone* Transformation first appeared on The New You Plan.

The post From Overweight to Empowered: Anita’s Inspiring 4 Stone* Transformation appeared first on The New You Plan.

Aideen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips On Finding The Best Houston Emergency Dentist For Your Family

By Helen Kennedy Dental care is a critical issue for families and individuals. Our oral health is an indicator of our general well-being. Its condition shows our deficiencies in diet and also determines our intake of nutrients. Also, it also plays into our social well-being. Issues such as periodontal diseases and oral odor can compromise self-confidence and social association. Here are some tips on how to find the best Houston emergency dentist . An online search is a good place to consider. Many dentists have online platforms. Websites are an online brochure presenting the practice, its services and facilities available. Use the many online directories and narrow down your search area by the proximity. Use the contact information available to make inquiries and read client testimonials on the website. Email correspondence is also an efficient method of contacting your potential service provider. Referrals are one of the surest methods of finding legitimate practitioners. That

Cells: The Building Blocks of Life

Cells: The Building Blocks of Life The human body contains millions of cells that rely on healthy nutrition like proteins, vitamins and minerals. While the body can create some of these nutrients, it also requires essential vitamins and minerals from food sources. Every living organism depends on its cells to function normally. Often referred to as “the building blocks of life,” cells are the biological, structural and functional units that carry out tasks in an organism. A collection of cells working together is called a tissue, while a series of tissues performing organized functions are called organs. The human body contains trillions of cells, all with varying tasks that help support bodily organs; these include skin cells, nerve cells, blood cells, barrier function cells (supporting the lungs, gut) and more. Cells rely on good nutrition for energy production and to prevent oxidative damage. The anatomy of a cell Cells in the human body are so tiny that they are invisible to th

How To Cook Bacon In The Oven

How To Cook Bacon In The Oven Learn the BEST method for how to cook bacon in the oven -- baking it is easy, fast & perfect every time. Use this trick to make it SO CRISPY!  Get The Recipe How To Cook Bacon In The Oven Want more like this? Visit the Wholesome Yum recipe index for more natural, gluten-free, low carb recipes with 10 ingredients or less! Maya | Wholesome Yum