Skip to main content

Elaine Has Lost 22lbs* & Is Committed To Getting To Her Goal

Elaine Has Lost 22lbs* & Is Committed To Getting To Her Goal

Elaine was in a cycle of yo-yo dieting. She would lose weight and put it back on again. After suffering with back pain and lacking in energy, she knew she had to make a change. Thankfully, she discovered The New You Plan and so far, she has lost 22lbs*. She is feeling confident that she will get to her goal and shares why this time she means business.

New You: Why did you decide to join the challenge? 

Elaine: I did The New You Plan last year but I didn’t stick to it. I let it go. Throughout the year, with holidays and all that, the weight crept back on. I wanted to do the challenge so that it would keep me focused and make sure that I keep on going with my journey and don’t slip back to my old ways. I’ve lost 22lbs so far, and that’s since January this year. I came back from a holiday in New York, and I just had to do something about it big time. But I’d like to continue on the journey and lose another stone and a half.

New You: What led to you starting the plan?

Elaine: I felt I just had no energy in myself and no confidence. I think during lockdowns and everything, the weight had just piled on and I wasn’t feeling myself. I was getting aches and pains and I had no energy to get up and do anything about it. So I needed help badly. I was delighted when I saw the ad for the plan on Facebook, and then I looked up the reviews for it and saw all the great success stories. I just felt desperate at the time and I didn’t know where to look because I always tried to lose weight, but it just popped back on again and it would just be that cycle. And not really knowing how to get out of that rut.

New You: How did you first week go?

Elaine: Because I had done the plan before, I decided to do Switch for the first 2 weeks, to ease myself in. Then my friend got married and after the wedding, I was fully focused. At the start, I focused on drinking loads of water and I needed the snacks, the crisps, just to get me through as well. Because you’re just so used to that type of texture and having something to munch on. When you’re on the plan you just realise how bad your diet was beforehand and how often you’re munching throughout the day. So that helps you get through it.

New You: How has your life changed so far?

Elaine: Last year, I lost weight, but then the weight crept back on and then my back went out completely. At the time, I couldn’t walk for a while. I was back into my old routine of not moving enough and eating too much. Now I’ve gone to my osteopath and got my back sorted, but I’m also being consistent with the diet and exercise as well. My energy levels are so good. I surprise myself with the energy that I have and that I’m getting up off the sofa and not sitting there all day. I’m able to run more, which I haven’t been able to do for a long time. I’m able to run for a few more minutes, it’s not very long, but it’s getting better.

I have very bad reflux, as well as a hiatus hernia. When I’m on The New You Plan, I actually don’t have reactions. I don’t have to take my tablets very often. I can go nearly the whole week without taking them, whereas before I was having to take them maybe once or twice a day. It’s definitely helped because certain foods would irritate it, like a dairy or gluten. But I’m finding your products don’t, maybe because you’re not eating that much, it’s just so much better. You don’t want to take medication like that all the time, so it’s really good.

New You: What has being on plan taught you so far?

Elaine: It made me realise how much I was eating beforehand and nibbling on throughout the day. And I wouldn’t count these bits and pieces as part of my diet. I was in denial. But it’s made me realise how badly I was eating before. I’m more aware of making healthier choices when I do Switch or refeed. It’s becoming second nature to me as well and it’s so much easier to choose a healthier option. I went away on holidays there recently and I usually go all out. But I made good choices.

New You: What meals & snacks can’t you live without?

Elaine: I love the Soups and the Bars because they’re just so handy to have. So they would be my go-to all the time. I don’t have snacks now as I want to try and create better eating habits so I don’t want to be snacking all the time.

New You: What are you most looking forward to when you reach your goal?

Elaine: I like that I have a holiday with the girls in September to Majorca, so I would like to feel good in myself and be able to wear what I want and feel comfortable in a bikini with the girls and be able to just enjoy myself fully. I was to continue to make healthy choices and just feel healthier as well. I’d love to be able to maybe do a 10K in the future.

New You: What is the nicest compliment you have received since losing weight?

Elaine: Somebody said: “Oh, you’re looking great”, but didn’t say like, “Oh, you’ve lost weight”, or anything like that. It was just like, “Oh, you’re looking great”, and meant it in the overall sense. So that was nice and heartfelt. I am getting a bit more confidence in myself as well. So that’s good.

New You: Favourite non-scale victory so far?

Elaine: Buying clothes in a smaller size and actually feeling like I’ll be able to fit into them. It seems a bit more possible now. I was glad that I kept a hold of some of the clothes

New You: If you could go back in time to when you were beginning the plan, what piece of advice would you give yourself?

Elaine: When I did the first time around, I wish that I’d learned more about Switch and how to maintain weight loss, and also about, joining the challenges because it’s good motivation even like, because I came back from holidays and then, it was that time of the month last week and busy in work. And I was like, but then I had this call to look forward to and just It just gave me that boost of just keep on going and keep yourself motivated. And also just being more involved in the Facebook pages and the challenges on there as well. It’s really good for accountability and being open about your journey, I suppose. It’s always very supportive, isn’t it? It is a nice place. Yeah, the group is great. Yeah, it’s lovely. There’s so many inspirational people as well. You can see that their transformations are very inspirational. It’s nice then for me to share my journey as well. That’s nice. Yeah, feel involved in it. That’s why I’d give myself those tips from the start.

Whether you want to lose half a stone or 10 stone*, have a slimmer figure, or are just looking to get maximum nutrition in minimum time, then New You can make the perfect partner to get you to where you want to be.

Join Our £100,000 Giveaway… Make 2024 Your Year of MORE

Our Transformation Challenge is BACK for 2024 & it’s bigger & better than ever!!

Are you ready to make 2024 your healthiest, happiest year yet? This year we launched our biggest ever giveaway, and we’re inviting you to be a part of it. Join us on a journey of self-improvement, community, and incredible rewards.

The Lowdown…

  1. Enjoy 4 yummy meals a day: Kickstart your health journey with tasty meals that make a real difference.
  2. Share your story: Got a great update? Post it on social media and in our community. You could win awesome freebies just for sharing your progress!
  3. Snap & win: Every 2 months, send in your progress photos. You could win a share of £7000. Let’s celebrate your journey together!
  4. Go for the big prize: Create an amazing transformation and you could grab our top prize of £10,000 in November 2024. It’s all about the wow factor!

Exciting Prizes to be Won

This year, we’re giving away 52K in cash. £7,000 cash will be won every 2 months for our absolute favourite glow-ups! One overall winner will WIN £3000 cash and 4 more customers will each WIN £1000. And the grand finale? An epic £10,000 cash prize for one overall winner! Plus, if you’re a runner-up sharing your story, you’re in for a treat with thousands of pounds worth of awesome products!

Our next Transformation Challenge deadline is 30th June so it’s time to submit your I AM IN photos.



The post Elaine Has Lost 22lbs* & Is Committed To Getting To Her Goal first appeared on The New You Plan.

The post Elaine Has Lost 22lbs* & Is Committed To Getting To Her Goal appeared first on The New You Plan.

Aideen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips On Finding The Best Houston Emergency Dentist For Your Family

By Helen Kennedy Dental care is a critical issue for families and individuals. Our oral health is an indicator of our general well-being. Its condition shows our deficiencies in diet and also determines our intake of nutrients. Also, it also plays into our social well-being. Issues such as periodontal diseases and oral odor can compromise self-confidence and social association. Here are some tips on how to find the best Houston emergency dentist . An online search is a good place to consider. Many dentists have online platforms. Websites are an online brochure presenting the practice, its services and facilities available. Use the many online directories and narrow down your search area by the proximity. Use the contact information available to make inquiries and read client testimonials on the website. Email correspondence is also an efficient method of contacting your potential service provider. Referrals are one of the surest methods of finding legitimate practitioners. That

Cells: The Building Blocks of Life

Cells: The Building Blocks of Life The human body contains millions of cells that rely on healthy nutrition like proteins, vitamins and minerals. While the body can create some of these nutrients, it also requires essential vitamins and minerals from food sources. Every living organism depends on its cells to function normally. Often referred to as “the building blocks of life,” cells are the biological, structural and functional units that carry out tasks in an organism. A collection of cells working together is called a tissue, while a series of tissues performing organized functions are called organs. The human body contains trillions of cells, all with varying tasks that help support bodily organs; these include skin cells, nerve cells, blood cells, barrier function cells (supporting the lungs, gut) and more. Cells rely on good nutrition for energy production and to prevent oxidative damage. The anatomy of a cell Cells in the human body are so tiny that they are invisible to th

How To Cook Bacon In The Oven

How To Cook Bacon In The Oven Learn the BEST method for how to cook bacon in the oven -- baking it is easy, fast & perfect every time. Use this trick to make it SO CRISPY!  Get The Recipe How To Cook Bacon In The Oven Want more like this? Visit the Wholesome Yum recipe index for more natural, gluten-free, low carb recipes with 10 ingredients or less! Maya | Wholesome Yum